I have created two screencasts this week using the programs Jing and Camtasia through the site TechSmith. Both applications are very useful in any field, you will be able to record your screen with either one. Jing was very user friendly, there is a limit restriction so you can not create anything longer than five minutes. I wish this was a little longer, I felt as if I were speaking really fast and my video might be hard to follow because of that. Jing is a simple program and can be used at anytime with just a couple clicks on your desktop screen. Camtasia is not quite as user friendly but still simple enough to use and once I get a really good grip on it, I will be using this one for my screencast productions. I watched all the tutorials and felt like they put on a really great training, they want people to know what they are doing so they are successful with their creations. I like that there is not a time limit, you can talk all you want, I also like how you can include music, transitions, and the XL cursor. One con to Camtasia would be how it runs...at least on my computer. When I started the download the fan on my laptop started going crazy, then once I was in and was attempting a screencast it was extremely slow. I had to clear and clean the history and cookies and I even deleted a couple other programs just to make sure I had enough room. After all this, it worked fine. I am thankful I was able to have this experience, I now know how to capture a screencast and will be using the feature as often as possible in the near future.
I also felt like I was talking super fast in my Jing video. Trying to get so much information in with only 5 minutes. I enjoyed watching your videos.
ReplyDeleteI have thought about using multiple 5min. Jing presentations in my classroom by breaking down lessons into smaller parts
ReplyDeleteThat might help with the time limit issue.
I have never heard of Jing before but after reading this it seems very useful.
ReplyDeleteiPhone App Design